Helping petrochemical focused businesses during strategic business decisions, project development & implementation, asset improvements and troubleshooting.
We help clients to identify and set direction for opportunities (new or existing assets) towards key goals and long-term objectives. We work together with owner teams to turn these ambitious goals and objectives into reality.
In last five years alone, we have helped owners and services/supplier companies on major grassroots petrochemical complexes, capacity expansions/asset improvements, troubleshooting and strategic business initiatives.
We help our clients to become industry leaders.
Client base includes
Client base includes
- Chemical Companies
- EPC and Services Providers
- Suppliers of technology based products and services (specialized equipment, catalysts etc.)
- Investors and Financial Institutes (due diligence etc.)
- Owners/Attorneys (litigation related expertise)
Example of services and successful track record
- We have helped a major company during feasibility, Process Design Package, Front End Engineering Design, Detailed Engineering and Procurement phases of a large grassroots ethylene based petrochemicals complex. During feasibility phase, we helped client during bidding stage and selection of technology/FEED contractor based on holistic evaluation approach. During PDP/FEED, Detailed Engineering/Procurement phases; helped client with reviews, key technical decisions, technical risk management; key/critical equipment, catalysts, adsorbents, chemicals procurement etc. for the complete cracker plant including cracking furnaces.
- We worked with a chemical company on a schedule driven challenging expansion of an existing ethylene plant, during the project review of FEED package and early stage of EPC phase, in reducing the overall risk profile by reducing the construction activities during the turnaround. In addition, we helped improve the performance efficiency and overall reliability of the operation (including cracking furnaces operation).
- We carried out independent analysis of an existing world scale ethylene plant operation over multiple years for assessing the plant capability in comparison with actual utilization along with gaps in operation and maintenance approach as compared to top performers.
- We advised a major chemical company from conceptual project development through FEED phase of a large and complex facility based on mixed feed ethylene cracker. This facility included NGL separation, mixed feed cracker, C4s Train (for Butene-1, MTBE and Butadiene production), Pygas Hydrogenation and BTX recovery, Polyethylene and Polypropylene units. The suggested configuration approach, in combination with process integration/simplification, resulted in more than 10% savings in capital investment for the whole complex. Lead the technology selection team and participated in commercial evaluations to recommend the bidder(s) for preparing open book lump sum EPC package at the end of PDP/FEED phase. During PDP/FEED phase helped client with reviews, key technical decisions, technical risk management.
- We carried out competitive scope review and help develop a unique project execution approach for keeping the cost focus and competitive pressure during all project phases leading to lowest possible cost. This project involved major investment for cracking furnaces island of an existing mixed feed ethylene plant. Client’s business manager’s message is a testimony to their satisfaction “I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for the services you provided. We were very pleased with your participation in this review. Combining your technical and industry knowledge with (management consulting company) approach was very powerful.”
- We reviewed FEED package of a petrochemical complex (including mixed feed cracker, PE, PP, utilities and off-site) to identify and mitigate risks along with the structured financing partners. Helped identify opportunities to lower the total cost by 10%, as requested by financing entities, with minimum impact on project economics.
- We helped a major chemical company in identifying the root cause for severe fouling and vibration problems in the cracked gas compressor of an ethylene plant. Analysis also included recommendations for addressing the root cause for improving operation reliability. Helped client in statistical analysis of the operation data with the aim of developing a predictive model.
Consulting & Advisory Services in Following Key Areas
Early Development & Feasibility Phase
PDP, FEED, Engineering & Procurement
Asset Improvement & Troubleshooting
Independent Project Review for lowest possible total investment
Strategic Business Development
Customized Training & Workshops