Helping petrochemical focused businesses during strategic business decisions, project development & implementation, asset improvements and troubleshooting.
In last five years alone, we have helped owners and services/supplier companies on major grassroots petrochemical complexes, capacity expansions/asset improvements, troubleshooting and strategic business initiatives.
Client base includes
- Chemical Companies
- EPC and Services Providers
- Suppliers of technology based products and services (specialized equipment, catalysts etc.)
- Investors and Financial Institutes (due diligence etc.)
- Owners/Attorneys (litigation related expertise)
Example of services and successful track record
- We have helped a major company during feasibility, Process Design Package, Front End Engineering Design, Detailed Engineering and Procurement phases of a large grassroots ethylene based petrochemicals complex. During feasibility phase, we helped client during bidding stage and selection of technology/FEED contractor based on holistic evaluation approach. During PDP/FEED, Detailed Engineering/Procurement phases; helped client with reviews, key technical decisions, technical risk management; key/critical equipment, catalysts, adsorbents, chemicals procurement etc. for the complete cracker plant including cracking furnaces.
- We worked with a chemical company on a schedule driven challenging expansion of an existing ethylene plant in reducing the overall risk profile by reducing the construction activities during the turnaround. In addition, we helped improve the performance efficiency and overall reliability of the operation (including cracking furnaces operation).
- We carried out independent analysis of an existing world scale ethylene plant operation over multiple years for assessing the plant capability in comparison with actual utilization along with gaps in operation and maintenance approach as compared to top performers.
- We advised a major chemical company from conceptual project development through FEED phase of a large and complex facility based on mixed feed ethylene cracker. This facility included NGL separation, mixed feed cracker, C4s Train (for Butene-1, MTBE and Butadiene production), Pygas Hydrogenation and BTX recovery, Polyethylene and Polypropylene units. The suggested configuration approach, in combination with process integration/simplification, resulted in more than 10% savings in capital investment for the whole complex. Lead the technology selection team and participated in commercial evaluations to recommend the bidder(s) for preparing open book lump sum EPC package at the end of PDP/FEED phase. During PDP/FEED phase helped client with reviews, key technical decisions, technical risk management.
- We helped a major chemical company in identifying the root cause for severe fouling and vibration problems in the cracked gas compressor of an ethylene plant. Analysis also included recommendations for addressing the root cause for improving operation reliability. Helped client in statistical analysis of the operation data with the aim of developing a predictive model.
Consulting & Advisory Services in Following Key Areas
Early Development & Feasibility Phase
PDP, FEED, Engineering & Procurement
Asset Improvement & Troubleshooting
Strategic Business Development
Customized Training & Workshops