Cracking furnaces are the most important part of an ethylene plant, also called the heart of an ethylene plant. They are a vital part because
- They determine the total feed throughput and conversion
- They are the key to determining product selectivity
- They determine the feed flexibility
- Being a high-energy consumers, they determine the overall energy efficiency and utility costs
- They are the highest contributor to the maintenance budget and attention. And have a high impact on plant reliability. Therefore, typically determine plant capability
- They have a high environmental impact.
- High capital intensity